UCLA – Rankings and Review
The University of California at Los Angeles is known as UCLA. Located on the West Side of Los Angeles, the campus populates Westwood Village, which is the university district, with student apartments, Fraternities and Sororities and the campus itself.
|Location||Westwood, Los Angeles, California|
|School Colors||UCLA Light Blue & Gold|
|Athletic Conference||Pac 10|
RealRank Ranking Categories
|Tuition Profile||Public University – mid-cost for California residents, high cost for all others.|
Key: Platinum: Elite Class; Gold: Very good; Silver: Successful, with room to improve;
Bronze: Mid to low range; NI: Needs improvement.
|Core Science Breadth||Yes|
|Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities Breadth||Yes|
|Human Sciences / Education||Yes|
|Public Health / Urban Policy||Yes|
Here are some of the famous alumni of UCLA who you may have heard of. Are there any others you would add to this list?
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – NBA Center with Los Angeles Lakers and led UCLA to NCAA basketball championships under coach John Wooden.
- Troy Aikman – NFL quarterback for Dallas Cowboys.
- Arthur Ashe – Professional tennis champion.
- Tom Bradley – Mayor of Los Angeles.
- Eli Broad – Real Estate developer.
- Ralph Bunche, diplomat and Nobel Peace Prize winner.
- Carol Burnett – Comedian, Actress.
- Nancy Cartwright – Actress. Plays the voice of Bart Simpson.
- Johnnie Cochran – Criminal defense attorney; represented O.J. Simpson.
- Francis Ford Coppola – Filmmaker.
- James Dean – actor.
- James Franco – Actor.
- Ray Garcia – Chef, restaurateur.
- David Geffen – Record producer.
- Kirsten Gillibrand – U.S. Senator from New York.
- H.R. Haldeman – President Nixon’s Chief of Staff.
- Lauren Cheney Holiday – Soccer star, member of U.S. Women’s Olympic team that won gold medal.
- James Horner, Academy Award-winning composer.
- Rafer Johnson – Olympic decathlon gold medalist.
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Olympic track medalist.
- Jim Morrison – Lead Singer of The Doors.
- Rob Reiner – actor and director.
- Tim Robbins – Actor.
- Jackie Robinson – First African-American MLB baseball player, with the Brooklyn Dodgers.
- Bill Walton – NBA basketball Center with Portland Trailblazers and led UCLA to NCAA national championship.
Any others you would add? What has been your experience at UCLA?