University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Rankings and Review
UNC at Chapel Hill is the main campus of the University of North Carolina system, and home of its law school. It is located in the “Research Triangle” region of North Carolina, which includes three main universities – UNC, Duke and N.C. State. With those three universities, they have formed a high-tech hub, like Silicon Valley, drawing on the talent of these three top universities in the area. They are located in Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh, respectively, forming a single metropolitan area..
|Location||Chapel Hill, North Carolina|
|School Colors||Carolina Blue & White|
|Athletic Conference||Atlantic Coast (ACC)|
RealRank Ranking Categories
|Tuition Profile||Public University – Low cost for in-state residents, high for all others.|
Key: Platinum: Elite Class; Gold: Very good; Silver: Successful, with room to improve;
Bronze: Mid to low range; NI: Needs improvement.
|Academic Range||Medium Breadth|
|Core Science Breadth||Yes|
|Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities Breadth||Yes|
|Human Sciences / Education||Yes|
|Public Health / Urban Policy||Yes|
Here are some of the most famous alumni of UNC – Chapel Hill. Are there any others you would want to include?
- Brooke Baldwin – CNN Anchor.
- Caleb Bradham – Inventor of Pepsi Cola.
- Larry Brown – NBA and college basketball coach.
- Peaches Golding – Governor of North Carolina.
- Andy Griffith – Actor.
- Michael Jordan – Greatest basketball player of all-time; winner of championships at UNC and NBA Chicago Bulls.
- William R. King – 13th Vice-President of United States.
- James K. Polk – 11th President of the United States.
- Kenneth Claiborne Royall – U.S. Secretary of War, and Secretary of the Army.
- Terry Sanford – Former Governor of South Carolina.
- Lawrence Taylor – NFL football player.
- Paul Wellstone – U.S. Senator from Minnesota.
- Robert “Bob” MacAdoo – NBA Basketball player.
- Roy Williams – Basketball coach for UNC and University of Kansas.
- Thomas Wolfe – Novelist.
- Any others you would add? What has been your experience at UNC?