Brown University – Rankings and Review
Brown is one of the eight original Ivy League Universities, and was founded before the American revolution in 1764. It started out as an all-male institution, with Pembroke College being its all-female counterpart. However, the two colleges fully merged in 1971, creating a gender integration.
|Location||Providence, Rhode Island|
|School Colors||Brown, Cardinal Red & White|
|Athletic Conference||Ivy League|
RealRank Ranking Categories
|Tuition Profile||High cost private college..|
Key: Platinum: Elite Class; Gold: Very good; Silver: Successful, with room to improve;
Bronze: Mid to low range; NI: Needs improvement.
|Core Science Breadth||Medium|
|Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities Breadth||Medium|
|Human Sciences / Education||No|
|Public Health / Urban Policy||Yes|
Here are some of the more famous alumni of Brown. Can you think of any others you would like to put on the list?
- Jessica Brooke Capshaw – Actress.
- Susan Cheever – Author.
- Ricardo Lagos Escobar – President of Chile.
- Laura Geller – First female graduate of Hebrew Union College and Chief Rabbi of Temple Emanuel in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Chris Hayes – MSNBC host and commentator.
- Richard Holbrooke – Assistant Secretary of State.
- Charles Evan Hughes – Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Bobbie Jindal – Governor of Louisiana.
- Helen Johns – Olympic gold medalist for swimmer.
- Tom Perez – Chair of the Democratic Party National Committee.
- Jane Pincus – Author of -Our Bodies, Ourselves.-
- Romano Prodi – Served twice as Prime Minister of Italy, and 10th President of the European Commission.
- Nirupama Rao – India’s Foreign Minister, and former Ambassador to the United States.
- John Sculley – CEO of Apple Computers.
- Ted Turner – Founder of CNN.
- Emma Watson – Actress.
- Thomas Watson, Jr. – CEO of IBM (International Business Machines Corp.)
- Janet Yellen – Secretary of the Treasury and former Chair of Federal Reserve.
Any others you would add to this listing? What has been your experience at Brown?