University of Chicago Rankings & Review
Translation of Motto that appears on the university shield: “Let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched.”
Chicago ranked #2 in the 2022 Ranking of the Best Colleges. Scroll down for the detailed rankings.
|Official Website||University of Chicago|
|Athletic Conference||NCAA Division III, University Athletic Association|
RealRank Ranking Categories
|Tuition Profile||High cost private college.|
Key: Platinum: Elite Class; Gold: Very good; Silver: Successful, with room to improve;
Bronze: Mid to low range; NI: Needs improvement.
|Academic Range||Narrow range|
|Business||Yes – Graduate|
|Core Science Breadth||Yes|
|Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities Breadth||Yes|
|Human Sciences / Education||No|
|Public Health / Urban Policy||Yes|
Here are some of the notable alumni from University of Chicago, who some say made an impact on the world. You probably have heard of a lot of these, but are there any others you would add in?
- Saul Bellow – Author and winner of Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Robert Bork – Judge on U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Katherine Dunham – Dancer and choreographer.
- Roger Ebert – Film critic.
- Larry Ellison – Co-Founder of Oracle.
- Milton Friedman – Economist and winner of the Nobel Prize for Economics.
- Katharine Graham – Publisher of Washington Post.
- Marilu Henner – Actress.
- Edwin Hubble – Astronomer.
- Harvey Levin – Founder of TMZ.
- Satya Nadella – CEO of Microsoft.
- Mike Nichols – Film Director.
- Philip Roth – Novelist.
- Carl Sagan – Astronomer and author.
- Paul Samuelson – Economist.
- Susan Sontag – Author
- Thomas Sowell – Economist and political commentator.
- Kurt Vonnegut – Author.
- James Watson – Molecular Biologist; Geneticist.
Who else would you add to this list?
Share your experiences with University of Chicago in the discussion below.